Vishnupad Mandir Gaya
Vishnupada Mandir is an ancient temple in Gaya, India. This hindu temple is dedicated to Lord Vishnu.
Temple is located along the Falgu River, marked by a footprint of Lord Vishnu known as Dharmasila, incised into a block of basalt. The Brahmkalpit Brahmans are the traditional priest of the temple from ancient time who is known as Gayawal Tirth Purohit or Panda. Several legendary saints as Ramanujacharya, Madhvacharya, Chaitanya Mahaprabhu and Sri Ramakrishna have visited this shrine.
The construction date of temple is unknown and it is believed that Rama along with Sita had visited this place. The present day structure was rebuilt by Devi Ahilya Bai Holkar, the ruler of Indore, in 1787, on the banks of the Falgu river. A flight of 1000 stone steps leads to the top of the Brahmajuni hill, 1 km southwest of the Vishnupad mandir. Visitors prefer to go to the top of Brahmajuni hill see the view of temple from top. There are many small temples near this temple.